What is the Know Yourself Method?
We human beings can be categorised according to personality traits or patterns. We will find that as people we have common patterns or traits which makes our behaviour predictable. This is because our psychological type, manifests clearly identifiable traits which is how we ARE in the world. The Know Yourself Method, is a simple way of understanding our own patterning and uses this familiarity with our own selves as a mirror in which we may understand the patterning of others.
By using the Four Seasons – Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn – and the Four Elements – Water, Air, Fire and Earth –, it uses the pattern of eight phenomena that we have always been familiar with to empower our intuitive grasp of four primal personality types. It allows us to see our own harmony with these primal phenomena and to utilise this powerful knowledge to work with our fundamental natures and not against ourselves.
The Know Yourself Method, enables us to accept ourselves as we are and to learn to work with what we naturally have to make our way in the world. It uses the principle of surrender and harmony with the underlying nature of existence, as our means to acting, achieving and transformation. The method teaches us to work with our own primal natures. It resolves internal conflicts and anxieties, by allowing us to accept ourselves by using our own true foundations as the springboard to self transformation. This deep acceptance of ourselves as we are, opens the doors to the deep acceptance of others as they are, freeing us from tyrannising others with our own ideals of how they should be and enabling deeper, genuine, more caring and understanding relationships.
The Know Yourself Method is a simple tool common sense tool which yields profound and empowering results. The book Know Yourself: Discover Your True Nature with the Ancient Sufic Wisdom, is an enjoyable, short and simple entry into this profound method; it is available from Amazon on Kindle and in print. It can be read within two hours.
The Method breaks the four primal types into twelve combinations which grants deeper accuracy in grasping our fundamental patterning. Each of the four primal types has three primal expressions. The Know Yourself Method allows us to grasp in detail our own patterning from the inside out, it gives us an incredibly accurate schema to observe ourselves and others and enables us to work better with ourselves and others. It enables us to work better, smarter and more harmoniously. The Know Yourself Method was developed to make us better at living in communities, so it has applications for communities, organisations and businesses.
When we embrace the ability to deeply accept ourselves, we gain the natural confidence of ourselves as we are, it is a confidence that will never disappoint because we will always be ourselves and despite our successes and failures, we know what we have to work with, so getting up and moving forward again will always be accompanied by the deeper confidence in the acceptance of the lessons that we have learned about ourselves. It allows us to work cleverer and cleverer and to approach life as an exciting and enjoyable journey of discovery. The Know Yourself Method makes living life a study.
How Do You Learn the Know Yourself Method?
Read the books in the Know Yourself series:
- Know Yourself: Discover Your True Nature with the Ancient Sufic Wisdom
- Know Yourself: Phlegmatic;
- Know Yourself: Sanguine;
- Know Yourself: Choleric;
- Know Yourself: Melancholic
- The Know Yourself Method for Therapists
Attend the Workshops:
- Know Yourself: Discover Your True Nature
- Know Yourself: Discover Your Mixture and work with it;
- Know Yourself: Travel deeper into your psychology for self development;
- Know Yourself: Improving Our Relationships;
- Know Yourself: A Workshop for Couples;
- Know Yourself: Finding Your Perfect Partner;
- Know Yourself: You and Your Colleagues at work;
- Know Yourself: Dealing with difficult people;
- Know Yourself: The Dynamics of Families.
Attend the Retreats:
- Know Yourself: Three Days of Self Discovery
- Know Yourself: Couples, living together through love and difficulty
- Know Yourself: The Seven Day Masterclass
Latest posts by Alex Carberry (see all)
- Can Vanity take us to Sanity?: Eczema and Global Economics - May 7, 2016
- Health is a decision - December 30, 2015
- Find Your Greatest Gift - December 23, 2015